Federal Public Defender for the Districts of Colorado and Wyoming
Date Posted: 04/04/2013
Employer: Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
Location: Denver, CO
Job Type: Full-Time
The United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit is accepting applications from all qualified persons for the position of Federal Public Defender for the Districts of Colorado and Wyoming. The term of office is four years, with potential for successive appointments. The current authorized annual salary is $155,500. The position is located in Denver, Colorado. The Federal Public Defender provides federal criminal defense services to individuals unable to afford counsel. An applicant must be/have:
A merit selection committee will screen all applications, conduct personal interviews of some or all applicants, and make recommendations to the Court of Appeals. Appointment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- A member in good standing in the bar of the state in which he/she is admitted to practice;
- A minimum of five years criminal practice experience, preferably with significant federal criminal trial experience, which demonstrates an ability to provide zealous representation of consistently high quality to criminal defendants;
- An ability to effectively administer the office;
- A reputation for integrity; and
- A commitment to the representation of those unable to afford counsel.
Application materials are available:
Application formats other than that approved and distributed by the Court of Appeals will not be accepted.
- On the court’s web site at www.ca10.uscourts.gov/hr/index.php;
- By calling the Judicial Resources division at (303) 335-2067;
- Or by writing to the Circuit Executive for the Tenth Circuit, Attn: FPD Recruitment – Colorado & Wyoming; Byron White U.S. Courthouse, 1823 Stout Street, Denver, CO 80257-1823.
One original completed application should be mailed or delivered (faxes will not be accepted) to the Circuit Executive for the Tenth Circuit, Attn: FPD Recruitment – Colorado & Wyoming; Byron White U.S. Courthouse, 1823 Stout Street, Denver, CO 80257-1823. Applications must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time, on June 7, 2013.