Natural Resources Staff Attorney
Date Posted: 05/17/2013
Employer: Wyoming County Commissioner's Association
Location: Cheyenne, WY
Salary: Dependent on Experience
The Wyoming County Commissioners’ Association (WCCA) is looking to hire a natural resource staff attorney. The natural resource staff attorney is responsible for providing County Commissioners with legal information/education on natural resource and public land law topics, assist the Commissioners in their role in federal public land planning efforts, conduct outreach with stakeholders, assist the Commissioners in participating in litigation, if necessary, and other duties as assigned by the WCCA Executive Director. The WCCA natural resource staff attorney works closely with County Commissioners of all 23 counties, the Wyoming Governor’s Office, Wyoming state agencies, federal agencies (locally, regionally and nationally), and other stakeholders. The Candidate should have a firm knowledge of natural resource and public land law including NEPA, ESA, FLMPA and NFMA, as well as agency regulatory requirements and administrative process.
- The Candidate should also possess excellent communication, technical writing, legal research and computer skills.
- The Candidate must be a member in good standing of the Wyoming Bar Association and possess the ability to organize and apply legal concepts and principals, establish and maintain effective working relationships and be willing to travel when necessary.
- The Candidate must successfully pass a background check.
This is a two-year grant position funded by the Wyoming Federal Natural Resource Policy Account
Salary Dependent on Experience
Application Deadline June 1, 2013
- WCCA Health Package including medical insurance, dental insurance and vision insurance
- Sick/Vacation Leave
- Participation in the Wyoming State retirement system
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume to:
Wyoming County Commissioner's Association
P.O. Box 86
Cheyenne, WY 82003