Admissions/Continuing Legal Education Coordinator
Date Posted: 08/06/2013
Employer: Wyoming State Bar
Location: Cheyenne, WY
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $36,000 - $48,000
The Wyoming State Bar is accepting applications for the position of Admissions/Continuing Legal Education Coordinator.
Continuing Legal Education
- Assist with the administration of the bar exam twice a year (includes making all logistical arrangements and preparing all materials)
- Provide staff support for the Board of Law Examiners and Character & Fitness Committee (responsible for set-up and all arrangements for meetings)
- Provide staff support for evaluating and investigating all admission applications
- Maintain official applicant files, ensuring that all requirements have been met for admission (heavy data entry)
- Heavy data entry (responsible for maintaining database to track all applicants)
- Recognition and respect for the high level of confidentiality
- Responsible for all program, administrative and fiscal functions of the Bar’s continuing legal education (CLE) programs and educational materials.
- Develop and oversee CLE curriculum, recruit faculty and exercise quality control over the development of course materials.
- Handle approval process for numerous CLE program providers
- Develop practice aids and resources to assist lawyers in the practice of law
JD desirable but not required. Must be able to function independently with minimal supervision. A good candidate will function well under stress and is not easily flustered by circumstances beyond his/her control. Must be able to coordinate closely with many different types of volunteers. Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must be able to successfully operate a computer (word processing skills), manipulate data for program and budgetary purposes, and use standard office equipment. Must be capable of working effectively with people at all levels and in stressful situation. Travel required in and outside of Wyoming.
Salary and Benefits
Salary range of $36,000-$48,000 based upon experience, background, and training.
Benefits include employer-paid health insurance (including dental and vision), participation in the Wyoming State Retirement System (employer contribution), paid annual leave, and paid sick leave. Optional benefits include life insurance and Wyoming Deferred Compensation.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume to the Wyoming State Bar, P.O. Box 109, Cheyenne, WY 82003, or by e-mail to email@example.com no later than August 23, 2013.
The Wyoming State Bar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.