Date Posted: 12/12/2013
Employer: Cheyenne-Laramie County Economic Development Joint Powers Board
Location: Cheyenne, WY
The Cheyenne-Laramie County Economic Development Joint Powers Board seeks applications from qualified, independent attorneys and law firms with experience in administrative and governmental law, contracts and public finance.
The SCOPE OF SERVICES of such Board Counsel includes:
- Attend regular and special Board meetings and provide advice to the Chairman regarding open meeting procedures, public records, administrative law and loan and grant criteria issues;
- Assist the administrator with preparation of Agendas, meeting Minutes, notices and responses to requests for disclosure of Board (public) records;
- Prepare Contracts for Services; Loan Agreements, Promissory Notes, Mortgages and Extension Agreements for Board loans;
- Conduct collection procedures on defaulted loan agreements;
- Update By-Laws and Joint Powers Agreement as necessary;
- Attend meetings with City and County officials and counsel regarding Board contracts, loans and grants as directed; and
- Perform such other related functions as may be assigned by the Board
RECOMMENDED AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Contractor is required to hold an active and unrestricted license to practice as an attorney in the State of Wyoming.
Contractor must be experienced and capable of performing the Scope of Services in the manner normally conducted for representation of quasi-governmental agencies. Experience in representation of administrative agencies is preferred.
Individuals and firms interested in providing such services to the JPB should submit, on or before January 15, 2014, a statement of interest, a resume of qualifications and experience related to the desired services and a Fee Schedule or written statement of expected compensation for such services to:
CHEYENNE/LARAMIE COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT JOINT POWERS BOARD
P. O. BOX 1003
CHEYENNE, WYOMING 82003-1003
Should you have questions about this solicitation, please contact:
Chris Brown, President/CEO
Wyoming Associations and Government Affairs Network
P.O. Box 1003
Cheyenne, WY 82003
(307) 634-8816 ext. 207
(307) 221-1736 cell.
(307) 632-0249 fax